Hair always goes BALD on top first right?
So does this mean that hair on top of your head is just naturally thinner?
It is a common belief that hair is naturally thinner on top. However, recent studies suggest that this may not be the case.
In fact, hair may be thinner on top due to a number of factors, including genetics, hormones, and age. That being said, there are a few things you can do to help your hair appear thicker on top.
In this article, we will explore the question of whether or not a hair is naturally thinner on top, and provide tips on how to help hair appear thicker on top.
What Causes Hair To Feel Thinner On Top?
There are a few different factors that can cause hair to feel thinner on top.
Genetics: One of the most common causes of hair thinning is genetics. If your parents or grandparents had thinning hair, you may be more likely to experience it yourself.
Hormones: Hormonal changes can also cause hair to feel thinner on top. For example, changes in testosterone levels can lead to hair loss.
Age: As we age, our hair tends to become thinner and weaker. This is due to the natural ageing process as well as factors such as sun damage and pollution.
Despite these factors, it is possible for anyone to help their hair appear thicker on top through lifestyle changes.
How Do You Prevent The Hair From Thinning?
There are a number of lifestyle changes you can make in order to help your hair feel thicker on top.
Here are some of the most effective tips:
–Use conditioner regularly: Conditioner contains ingredients such as oils and proteins that can strengthen your hair, making it appear fuller and thicker.
–Wash less frequently: Washing your hair too often can strip it of natural oils, making it appear dry and brittle. Try to wash your hair every 2-3 days instead of daily.
–Avoid heat styling: Heat styling tools such as curling irons and straighteners can damage your hair, making it more likely to break and appear thinner. If you do use heat styling tools, make sure to use a heat protectant spray beforehand.
–Try a volumizing shampoo: Volumizing shampoos contain ingredients that can help to add volume and body to your hair. This can make it appear thicker on top.
–Use a scalp massager: Scalp massages help to increase blood circulation in the scalp, which may help to promote hair growth and prevent thinning.
Should You Get A Hair Transplant?
In some cases, especially if hair thinning is severe, a hair transplant may be the best option.
A hair transplant involves removing donor hairs from other parts of your body and transplanting them to your scalp. This can help fill in areas where hair loss has left bald patches.
If you are experiencing significant hair thinning, it may be worth consulting with a hair loss specialist to discuss your options.
Tips and Tricks for Thin Hair
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Eat a healthy, balanced diet that is rich in protein and vitamins. This will help to nourish your hair and promote hair growth from the inside out.
2. Avoid damaging your hair by using harsh chemicals or styling tools on a regular basis. Try to use gentle, natural products instead.
3. Get regular trims to keep your hair looking healthy and avoid split ends. Trimming your hair is essential to help it appear thicker on top.
4. Take supplements such as biotin or collagen to help improve the health of your hair. Biotin helps hair by strengthening its outer layer, while collagen is a protein that can help to promote hair growth.
5. Use volumizing shampoo and conditioner to help give your hair extra body and fullness.
6. Try a volumizing spray or mousse before blow-drying your hair to help add volume and lift at the roots.
7. Invest in a good quality brush and use it to gently tease your hair at the roots for extra lift.
8. Sleep with your hair in a loose bun or braid to help prevent breakage and keep it looking thick and full.
At the end of the day, while natural factors like genetics or hormones may cause hair to feel thinner on top, there are still steps we can take to help our hair appear thicker.
By following these simple tips, you can enjoy fuller, more voluminous hair that looks great no matter what your age!
In conclusion, while it is true that hair on top of the head may be naturally thinner than other parts of the body, this is not always the case. There are a number of factors that can cause thinning hair, including genetics, hormones, and age.
However, there are a few things you can do to help your hair appear thicker on top, such as using conditioner regularly, washing less frequently, and avoiding heat styling.
If you are experiencing severe hair thinning, you may want to consult with a hair loss specialist to discuss your options.