Vaseline is a natural jelly based on petroleum which means it is free from germs and safe to use on your skin. Vaseline is used by many as a beauty product, for your skin, lips and sores.
Its is a formula that is also loved and used in creams, soaps, many different beauty and hair products without us realizing.
Using it to cover minor cuts and burns, diaper rashes for babies, and moisturize dry and cracked skin. But have you ever heard of Vaseline being used as a hair removal method?
Its a question we are all looking to answer, how does Vaseline remove unwanted hair?. If you can find a natural product that you know your skin is safe with then why use any other product.
It’s a simple homemade mask made purely from your Vaseline combined with other natural products. It is used in a similar waxing method, without all the shop bringing products and equipment needed when waxing.
Although Vaseline may not be your go-to hair removal method, you will come to love this homemade, safe, natural product to use in place of shaving or waxing. Read our guide on how to use your vaseline mask, the benefits and side effects so you can get stuck in.
How To Remove Hair Using Vaseline
You Will Need –
- 1 Spoon of Vaseline
- 2 Spoons of Flour
- 1 Spoon of Tumeric Powder
- 6 Spoons of Milk Powder
Steps to follow –
- With your measured ingredients (accept your Vaseline), mix it all to create a paste.
- Now mix in your 1 spoonful of Vaseline and mix well into you have a smooth paste.
- You would like to remove hair from any areas, paint the paste evenly in the hairs growth direction.
- Leave the paste to dry, for at least 10 minutes.
- Now pull the dried paste away from the in the opposite way from the hairs growth.
- Wash your skin with lukewarm water to remove any leftover pastes.
- Just repeat this process to continue to remove any unwanted hair.
Benefits of Using Vaseline For Hair Removal
There are many benefits of using Vaseline as your hair removal method:
- Adds moisture to dry skin
- Financially beneficial – Vaseline is also very affordable.
- Natrual products (homemade)
- Great for sensitive skin when removing hair
- Vaseline also has healing properties and fixes any minor skin scrapes or sores.
- Removes makeup
- FYI – If you use our homemade mix above turmeric powder, it has antioxidant properties that help reduce inflammation and hyperpigmentation.
Read here: How many days does turmeric take to remove hair.
Disadvantages Using Vaseline for Hair Removal
There are a few disadvantages that you need to be aware of before attempting to use Vaseline as your hair removal method:
- Covering a larger area with this method may take longer than other methods like waxing.
- It can be more time consuming than other methods
- Waiting for the paste to dry can add even more remaining time onto the process
Potential side effects of using Vaseline
Vaseline is a versatile product and used for many different reasons, it’s unlikely to suffer from any side effects, but it’s essential to be aware of the possible side effects that could occur.
- Allergies –
- Clogging Pores –
- Fungal or Bacterial Infections –
Frequently Asked Questions –
Does Turmeric Remove Unwanted Hairs?
Turmeric is a great natural ingredient that will help to remove unwanted hair. Turmeric is thought to work in two different ways; you can use it in a turmeric mask or a scrub which helps to weaken the hairs’ roots and mechanically can then be pulled from the skin—secondly, natural chemicals in turmeric help to stop or slow down hair growth.
Does Vaseline really remove hair?
This is absolutely a fabulous natural way to remove hair, especially if you have sensitive skin to most other hair removal methods. Vaseline is also great for replenishing the skin, which adds moisture to the skin after hair removal.
How to remove hair with baking soda?
Its as easy as mixing 2 parts baking soda with 1 part turmeric, then starts by adding small drops of water until you have formed a thin paste. Then apply the mixture made to your hair removal area. Once the mixture has dried, remove the mixture by gently rubbing it off with a dry cloth.
Does Vaseline to remove upper lip hair?
Just simply use the same mixture we have given above and make sure you apply a thin layer to the upper lip to avoid any irritation and use like a waxing hair removal method.
Overall, Vaseline would be the perfect solution to remove unwanted hair when you suffer from sensitive skin and rashes from other hair removal methods.
It’s clear that this is a more time-consuming method out of all the options, but due to its natural ingredients and delicate products, it really is the most gentle options to remove unwanted hair.
If there are any questions, you would like to ask, please feel free to leave a comment or contact us as we love to hear from our readers.