Hair removal is a tricky task.
It hurts, it’s time-consuming, but it’s oh so worth it for that smooth skin.
Of course, hair removal cream presents its own series of challenges including being PRICEY and being produced with man-made ingredients. (Chemicals normally cause reactions with our skin).
What’s the solution?
Well, we’re here to show you how to make your own DIY hair removal cream.
Ready to test out some fruity papaya or make use of coffee grounds? From the obvious to the slightly odd, we have a selection of recipes that you simply can’t afford to miss out on.
#1 Papaya Hair Removal Recipe
This tasty fruit is one of the most popular natural options for creating your own hair removal cream. Papaya is a fruit that has long-term effects (which means less work for you).
Not only does it smell great, but it can massively decrease the rate at which your hair grows back. Handy, right?
So how do you even use a papaya to remove hair?
- Easy, you’re going to need to get papaya and mash its flesh, as well as half a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Take these two ingredients and mix them together to form a paste.
- When you’ve done this, apply it to the skin and really massage it in.
- Leaving paste for 15 minutes.
- Next, rinse it off with warm water.
You will have to repeat this process two or three times a week if you want to see the effects of the hair removal and growth reduction, so be strict and make this a part of your regular routine.
#2 Turmeric Hair Removal Recipe
This bright yellow powder has been highly acclaimed as being excellent for our health, and is included in a whole range of delicious dishes.
It’s also great for skin and hair removal. Here’s how you can whip up a great cream.
- Take three teaspoons of turmeric powder and mix it with one teaspoon of milk.
- Make sure it forms a smooth paste
- Apply it to your face – much like a mask.
- Leave it to dry for 20 minutes
- Then wet your hands before using them to scrub your skin.
- When you are finished, take some warm water and rinse the turmeric off.
- Next, pat your face dry and repeat the process a couple of times a week for the best results.
#3 Sugar Hair Removal Recipe
This is one of the most popular recipes out there for hair removal, and it has been used for decades with great success. Also known as sugaring, we have the perfect recipe for you to try out yourself. Let us know how you get on.
- You’re going to need to grab 200g of sugar alongside 60ml of lemon juice and 60ml of water.
- Put them all in a saucepan and stir thoroughly while you bring it to the boil.
- Leave it to simmer until it turns a lovely golden brown and then pour into a jar before leaving it to cool.
- When it has cooled, you can spoon some wax into your hands and roll it into a nice little ball.
- Spread the wax over clean skin and allow it to sit for a minute.
- Rip it off once it has set, and then clean the area afterwards to remove any residue.
#4 Coffee Hair Removal Recipe
Great for waking up and getting on with the day, coffee is also incredible for your skin. Not just in a nourishing sense, but also for safe and natural hair removal. Let’s take a look at how.
- You’re going to need some coffee beans, coconut oil, and baking soda for this one.
- First, you’ll want to grind the coffee beans and then mix them with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of baking soda.
- Make sure it has been combined well before you apply it.
- Use a cloth or cotton buds to wipe down the areas of your body that you wish to apply the cream too.
- Apply the paste and then allow it to sit for around ten minutes before gently massaging it into your skin. Use it every day for a week and you will notice the changes.
#5 Baking Soda Hair Removal Recipe
This is a pretty handy ingredient to have in your home, both for household cleaning and hair removal. But how do you make it into a hair removal cream? It’s pretty simple.
- Take baking soda and lemon juice and mix them together.
- Once this is done, add water until it creates a thick paste.
- Apply it to your skin and then leave it to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- When the time is up, use warm water and a cloth to wash it off.
#6 Coconut Oil Hair Removal Recipe
It smells great, feels great, and has loads of benefits for your hair and skin. A wonderfully soothing natural ingredient, why not try out our coconut oil recipe to see if it helps with your hair removal issues.
- All you need are two tablespoons of coffee grounds, a tablespoon of coconut oil, and a tablespoon of baking soda.
- Mix it all together to create a smooth paste and then apply it to the desired area by massaging it in.
- Leave to set for five minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best hair removal recipe for private parts?
The best recipe to use on your private parts is coconut oil. It’s incredibly soothing and ideal for sensitive skin, alongside the fact that it hydrates your skin – leaving it soft and healthy. It’s also highly effective without any pain or discomfort, ideal for very sensitive areas.
Can Colgate remove hair?
No, Colgate cannot remove hair. There have been some trending videos that would suggest Colgate and other toothpastes can help with hair removal, but it is a myth. This is especially true when combined with other ingredients, and it has the potential to be unsafe for your skin.
Hair removal cream can come in all forms, but homemade is often the best way to go if you want to be confident about what you’re putting on your skin. Each of our methods is gentle and effective, providing you with plenty of great options to remove those pesky hairs.
Want to learn more about taking care of your hair and body? We have all the best tips and tricks in the book to help you live your best life. Check out some of our other guides and learn to love the skin you’re in.